The Postgraduate Program involves the Master’s and PhD courses in Mechanical Engineering at the Escola Politécnica da USP. Since its creation in 1980, it has as basic objectives the formation of:
- Professors for college courses;
- Researchers for the technical – scientific area;
- Specialized professionals for the productive environment.
The Post-Graduation Program in Mechanical Engineering of the Escola Politécnica da USP involves professors and academic activities of two departments:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering – PME
- Department of Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering – PMR
The areas of concentration of the Program are:
- Mechanical Engineering of Energy and Fluids
- Mechanical Engineering of Design and Manufacturing
- Control and Mechanical Automation Engineering
The program has 63 Ph.D. professors and has graduated 810 Masters and 324 PhDs (from 1970 to 2015).